Tuesday 8 April 2014

Trailing african violets (saintpaulias)


Trailing violets grow longer stems and form many side shoots mostly.  Depending on the nature of the certain variety these plants can be grown as a group of stems: several plants together, or when intentionally removing growing-point, and keeping several side shoots to grow different directions. Some varieties tend to grow up at first, like Dancin’ Trail, others tend to hang down from the pot straightway, like Rob’s Vanilla Trail.
             I collect mini and semi-mini  trailing African violets. These are my own pictures of my favourite varieties from my and my mum’s collections.

 
 
















 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors, thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job. Please write if you have facebook page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you please consider selling leaves of pink mint and lithuanika?
    buchholzgena@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Do you have leaves or plants available of these lovely trailing violets? Please contact me wilko123[at]hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete